How should I do this ??

Plinius frobenius

Hi, I want to make a program that does the following:
It run's on the background, and whenever I click a link (an url) on a
webpage or something, it can adapt the URL and then open it:
a simple example : when I click the url www.google.com , the URL that should
be opened is www.google.be.
I don't even know how to get started.

How can I know if an URL is clicked ? and how should I adapt it, after it is
clicked ??

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Phlip

Plinius said:
Hi, I want to make a program that does the following:
It run's on the background, and whenever I click a link (an url) on a
webpage or something, it can adapt the URL and then open it:
a simple example : when I click the url www.google.com , the URL that should
be opened is www.google.be.
I don't even know how to get started.

You can configure your Google cookies to always bring up a given locale,
including Klingon...

This question has nothing to do with C++, and solving the question as stated
would make your Web experience fragile to the point of uselessness. Use
Google Groups to seek answers to your real problem on forums that cover your
Web browser, or Google.

Plinius frobenius

thanks for your answer, but the google example was just an example.
There are also lots of other sites that I want to adapt (and not only the
..com).
I was thinking with hooking "Shellexec." but I don't know if this is the api
that is used when starting a link which was clicked??
(so, it does has something to do with C++).

any other ideas ?

John Harrison

thanks for your answer, but the google example was just an example.
There are also lots of other sites that I want to adapt (and not only the
.com).
I was thinking with hooking "Shellexec." but I don't know if this is the
api
that is used when starting a link which was clicked??
(so, it does has something to do with C++).

any other ideas ?

Phlip's main point was that you are asking in the wrong place. Your
question has nothing to do with the C++ language (the fact that you are
writing in C++ is irrelevant). You seem to be writing for the Windows
operating system so I suggest you ask in a Windows programming group such
as This group is for
C++ language questions only .

john