How to check the traffic going to a website??

Paul

Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
that matter on any site?

thanks.

saz

Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
that matter on any site?

thanks.
You get what you pay for.

You might be able to add your own stats program as long as you have
access to a cgi bin, but it may not be available at that price.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Paul quothed:
Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six months
for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats or
traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
that matter on any site?

You can try something like this:

http://www.statcounter.com/

Jim Higson

Paul said:
Is there anyway that I can check traffic statistics of a site?...somewhere
independant. for example If I run a website but pay $5.50 every six
months for hosting....this does not give me any of the goodies like stats
or
traffic, is there an independant source that can do that for me? or for
that matter on any site?

Does the host give you the Apache log files? If so there are a range of
programs to analyse these.