How to disable "_i" insertion on signals in emacs VHDL mode

chris.plachta

Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the automatic insertion of "_i" on
signals that are connect to a instance port map?

For example, when I use the vhdl-paste-port-instance command on a
model with the ports called "rst_l" and "clk", it gives me this:

instance: clk_model
port map (
rst_l => rst_l_i,
clk => clk_i);

I want to get rid of the "_i" convention and use identical names for
the port and the signal.

Thanks in advance...

Chris

Nicolas Matringe

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hi,

Does anyone know how to disable the automatic insertion of "_i" on
signals that are connect to a instance port map?

For example, when I use the vhdl-paste-port-instance command on a
model with the ports called "rst_l" and "clk", it gives me this:

instance: clk_model
port map (
rst_l => rst_l_i,
clk => clk_i);

I want to get rid of the "_i" convention and use identical names for
the port and the signal.

Hi
I still don't know the actual variable name ...
See VHDL>Options>Port>Actual Port Names...

Nicolas

Mike Treseler

Does anyone know how to disable the automatic insertion of "_i" on
signals that are connect to a instance port map?

If I say:
customize-apropos port

I see my settings:

Vhdl Actual Port Name: Hide
From regexp: .*
To string : \&_s
State: this option has been set and saved.
Specifies how actual port names are obtained from formal port names. Hide
In a component instantiation, an actual port name can be obtained by
modifying the formal port name (e.g. attaching or stripping off a
substring).

FROM REGEXP is a regular expression matching the original name:
".*" matches the entire string
"\(...\)" matches a substring
TO STRING specifies the string to be inserted as new name:
"\&" means substitute entire matched text
"\N" means substitute what matched the Nth "\(...\)"
Examples:
".*" "\&" inserts original string
".*" "\&_i" attaches "_i" to original string
"\(.*\)_[io]$" "\1" strips off "_i" or "_o" from original string
".*" "foo" inserts constant string "foo"
".*" "" inserts empty string