How to keep 3rd party files from disappearing upon precompile

John Kotuby

Hi all.
Up until recently I have been simply copying the website project to the
server such that all files on my development machine are included and the
site works as expected.

Now that the site is near completion, I tried depoying the precompiled
version and discovered that some files are missing.

I use some 3rd party tools that require their license files to be in the
same folder as their associated assemblies, in other words the BIN folder.

When I uploaded the precompiled version, I discovered that the 3rd party
assemblies were present but their License files were gone. Is there any way
to tell VS that I want to include some files "as is" in the BIN folder so
that I don't have to upload them separately after each precompile
deployment?

TIA

sloan

Create a folder

/ThirdPartyReferences/

Put you dll and licenses there (as the source files).

Adding a reference to Some.DLL will copy the files into bin automatically.

Use "POST BUILD EVENTS" to copy the license files.

Don't use "/bin/" for source control.

John Kotuby

Thank you Sloan