How to post a web form to an external isapi?

Øystein Olsen

Hi, I'm in need of help.

My web page is built up from nested masterpages. In the page
containing the main content i have a form that I want to post to a
external site (isapi dll). I want to use serverside scripting to be
able to use the validation controls.

Using GET to send the data is out of the question, because the data
contains username and password that I don't want the browser to store
in it's history stack.

Any Idea how to do this with c# and .NET 2.0?

Jacek Stawicki

Uzytkownik "Oystein Olsen said:
Hi, I'm in need of help.

My web page is built up from nested masterpages. In the page
containing the main content i have a form that I want to post to a
external site (isapi dll). I want to use serverside scripting to be
able to use the validation controls.

Using GET to send the data is out of the question, because the data
contains username and password that I don't want the browser to store
in it's history stack.

Any Idea how to do this with c# and .NET 2.0?

GET or POST method without encryption gives the same result.
If you are able to connect over SSL channel, do this.

Øystein Olsen

GET or POST method without encryption gives the same result.
If you are able to connect over SSL channel, do this.

Well the server im posting to uses SSL encryption. The reason i don't
want to use GET is that the information sent, is stored in the
browsers history for others to easily see.

Øystein Olsen

Well the server im posting to uses SSL encryption. The reason i don't
want to use GET is that the information sent, is stored in the
browsers history for others to easily see.

Ok found a solution to this on the web. I create a class that takes an
url and a list of field values in. The class has a method called post
that dynamicly creates a html page that contains a form based on the
url and field values. This html page aslo has a onload event on its
body that submits the form.