How to run Ruby on 64-bit Windows?

bdezonia

I just tried installing the OneClickInstaller assuming its 32 bit and
it installed. When I run a simple test it seemed to work. Am I
confused here? Can installing via the OneClickInstaller run Ruby
successfully on 64 bit Windows 2003 Server?

Daniel Vartanov

Which exactly problem do you have with one-click-installer on 64-bit
Windows? I tried to install on 64-bit WinXP and got success.

Alex Shulgin

I just tried installing the OneClickInstaller assuming its 32 bit and
it installed. When I run a simple test it seemed to work. Am I
confused here? Can installing via the OneClickInstaller run Ruby
successfully on 64 bit Windows 2003 Server?

It can and should work w/o any problem, since any 32-bit Windows
executable can run seamlessly on 64-bit Windows. But the process is
run in the emulation mode (search for 'WOW64' on the web).

Do you think you really need native 64-bit compiled ruby interpreter?

bdezonia

Do you think you really need native 64-bit compiled ruby interpreter?

No. I assumed 32 bit apps would not work. I'm glad Ruby does. Thanks.