How to use a messagebox in asp.net

Aidy

my point was that you appear to believe that hacking about with aspx files
is acceptable, and I don't...

What if you need to increase the margin on a DIV or add some extra fields?
Do all of your aspx pages look like this?

<asp:Literal ID="HTMLCodeGoesHere" runat="Server"/>

Mark Rae

What if you need to increase the margin on a DIV or add some extra fields?

I make any and all modifications as required in the development environment,
rebuild the project and deploy to the test environment. When the testing is
complete, depending on the client, an outage is scheduled and the code is
deployed live. Depending on the size of the project, deployment to live
typically takes around a minute.

What do you do...? Do you just go hacking at the aspx pages on the live
server simply because you can...?
Do all of your aspx pages look like this?

<asp:Literal ID="HTMLCodeGoesHere" runat="Server"/>

??? Of course they don't - what an incredibly strange question...

Aidy

What do you do...? Do you just go hacking at the aspx pages on the live
server simply because you can...?

For something as minor as an html change? Yeah I do. If, however, you
generate your HTML code from server-side code then, as you say, an outage
and upload needs to occur.

Mark Rae

*doffs hat*

Maybe one day you'll be as good as me ;)

The day I hack about with aspx pages on a live server without proper change
control procedures is the day I'll retire...

Aidy

The day I hack about with aspx pages on a live server without proper
change control procedures is the day I'll retire...

Who said there were no change control procedures? The day I do something
complicated rather than something simple "just because" is the day I no
longer work in the real world.

Guest

You can try this

in visual basic:
Response.Write("<script language ='javascript'>" & "alert('This is the
message');" & "</script>")
Response.End()

in C#
Response.Write("<script language ='javascript'>" + "alert('This is the
message');" + "</script>");
Response.End();

Dont forget to message me on (e-mail address removed) for more codes

Mark Rae

in visual basic:
Response.Write("<script language ='javascript'>" & "alert('This is the
message');" & "</script>")
Response.End()

in C#
Response.Write("<script language ='javascript'>" + "alert('This is the
message');" + "</script>");
Response.End();

Or, if you wanted to use something a little less outdated, you'd use the
ClientScript object...