html drop down menus & adding an item to the a list.

clarket

Hi,

Is there any easy way of adding an item to a html list (or does this
need to be done server side). What I want to do is have a list wirh
about 10 items in it, if the item the user wants to select is not in
the list then they click on a button and they get a new window with a
list with 100s of items (taken from a database)and they select an item
from this list. I want to close the window and then ammend there
selection to the smaller list.

I can do all of it apart from amending the selection to the smalled
drop down list.

Thanks,

Tony.

Dietmar Meier

clarket said:
Is there any easy way of adding an item to a html list (or does this
need to be done server side). What I want to do is have a list wirh
about 10 items in it, if the item the user wants to select is not in
the list then they click on a button and they get a new window with a
list with 100s of items (taken from a database)and they select an item
from this list. I want to close the window and then ammend there
selection to the smaller list.

Here is an example (Firefox/Mozilla, MSIE 4+, Opera 7+):
http://www.innoline-systemtechnik.de/dhgm/seladd_opener.html

ciao, dhgm