I have an idea for a universal programming language

Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
Think about it, a universal programming language would generalize everything about programming (and everything else!)
The simplest model of computation is called a Turing Machine
Wikipedia said:
Despite the [Turing Machine's] simplicity, it is capable of implementing any computer algorithm

On a related note, all of logic can be constructed from the notion "out of darkness let there be light:"
light if all inputs are dark, aka a NOR gate

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Look at it this way
What should the "Program" be able to do?
Look into what I'm talking about, you'll be a better programmer because of it, then run your algorithm again and we'll see what we get

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Ok so what if we write a programming language that is Turing complete and only Turing complete?

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Look at it this way:

What if you had to do it with values

Which you would

You would have an object, for a little sugar let's say every time you had at least one value associated with one function you had an object, then you would have an array (a mathematical list), then primitive types

If you're still lost in what I'm saying I'll explain

When you finally get to the bottom of it you should have a 1

Last edited:
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
You seem to be re-inventing the wheel.

So here's the answer to the question can computers do everything

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Wow

I founded this idea on 1 and not 2

Doesn't that mean it will work in this context?

I mean ok like what are the implications of your point?

Figure it may be faster just to ask...

I mean on the brighter side the thing is pretty much done, it's basically an object model of a database

I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here, should I code it in php, should I code a universal programming language with it and then code it in that, a little vague given that the thing already works

Am I making sense?

Mind you this is on the level of being logic-less, it would just be a bunch of piping to and from a database, that's the only reason I ask

Last edited:
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Ok so the thing doesn't work if I remove one of the types, otherwise it works

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
You know what, if it's 1 it works

How about this: are there any systems that exist that correctly factorize a system for interacting with a database?

I figured this was an ORM like PDO, just I don't think PDO accounts for "every single thing".

Coding this would be simple and WOULD solve the problem, but then I figure I have bigger problems (lexical redundancies, etc.).

Thus this post... perhaps the whole process short-circuits somewhere...

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Yeah but what comes BEFORE that, such that we model a database in a programming language

Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
82
Reaction score
11
Yeah but what comes BEFORE that, such that we model a database in a programming language
The language used is called Structured Query Language, or SQL for short.

I no longer believe this thread has any merit, so this is my last reply.

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
It's PDO

The beautiful thing about that is that it primes a universal programming language. Could you derive a universal programming language from this?