I have an idea for a universal programming language

Reaction score

Reaction score
So long story short, the way it works is it only has types that are critical to the functioning of the programming language itself, so null, string, integer, float, array, object, and boolean, everything you would need (and nothing more) to run a "computer program".

Anyways now I need to get the word out and whatnot. Any ideas?
Hi, I'm Doug, & ignorant of digital site protocals for introduction and all. I have an issue please. My sister is telling me to anything about this, that I get about 20 calls per day from digital call machine, thus, my query. Is there ANY

Reaction score
Is there ANY form of digital signal to tell auto call machines to stop calling, or a code signal that WILL simply destroy these very very unwanted machine, unanimous as far as I can tell? *60 has never once worked, & queries to the FCC go for not. Thank you for any help, please, many want to know this.
I am betting a code like that would sell some 100,000 times at $19 a pop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
... though that would have to be the destroy those machines code. You SHOULD know what I mean, huh?

Reaction score
Ok how about this: why not use any old Turing complete language to do this?

Reaction score

This is about as succinct as I can get it. Basically what I'm looking for though. (Keep in mind it's still in dev)

Reaction score
So ok at the point at which the data got into, let’s say, php, the extreme would be that you needed to do something programmatic with it, which lands everything squarely on php

So I figure this is the raw material for a universal system/programming language/etc.

There, got it out :)

Reaction score
Ok so I figure to somewhat end the madness the thing would be a dynamic database, a database interface in php that would allow for dynamic assignment of row ordering, field filtration, the whole nine yards (and I have already half built the thing). You get what I’m saying.

So other than that it’s just a matter of feeding data into the thing.

Reaction score
It’s basically pdo

Any idea if this has already been done/what to google?

Reaction score
Ok so I figure I’ll write a more informative post at this point:

So I have an idea that I would program an interface between php and mariadb, and this is borderline mysqli/pdo, but bear with me, there’s a twist. Also, this serves as what I believe to be the foundation of a universal programming language, which is the topic of this thread.

So this php/mariadb interface would be a php program that would make mashed potatoes out of mariadb: every “thing” in mariadb would have an accompanying (base) class in php, each with input/output filters (db-, table-, row-, and column-wide, which results in perfect I/o). This would also facilitate automatic installation of said db’s, tables, etc.

The same algorithm would be extended from mariadb into php, creating a universal system, at which point it is a candidate for a universal programming language (rock-solid for both static and dynamic stuff).

Reaction score
So how about a little more down to the earth

What about a system made up of json (as a structured/unstructured database) interpreted by php? This does in fact form the foundation of my idea for a universal anything so it would apply here.

Reaction score

This is what I want, in the very end. Ever hear of anyone "boiling down" code into something like a programming language?

I mean it wouldn't be that hard to just go ahead and write, should I just code it?

Reaction score
I mean basically why not reduce everything to a simple programming language with the types string, int, float, null, boolean, array, and object? Or less? It would freaking resolve so so many problems, you could program **everything** with a single programming language, and this is readily available as a potential solution to so many problems...

Reaction score
I mean can you see what I'm saying? That you can program anything with those types...

Furthermore, came up with this today:

So you would take these types, create a granular system for storing these persistently (Ember) complete with input/output filtration, and what would ultimately happen is you would have something like a user system (sorta like linux with users/groups) where instead of simple read/write permissions you would have completely granular permissions, so, for instance, lets say for numbers you would have certain filters that would only allow certain users to enter certain numbers (filter in/out ranges of numbers), and you would only account for the types I mentioned and as a result you have a "completely functioning system".

So then you condense all of this into a universal programming langauge and voila!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so I figured I would sit down and actually translate this thought into words:

So the reason you would use these types is:
- You would have objects as the inlet to functions (methods): the means of "doing stuff"
- You would use arrays as a means of basically a programmatic object, where array keys are integers ("counting")
- You would use string to convey arbitrary information, so literal data like "dog"
- You would use integers to "count" (in a finite way, unlike floats)
- You would use floats like integers, except in an "infinite" way ("impossible" numbers like 0.0...1)
- Booleans for true/false (without conflagurating your string with "true"/"false")
- Null for unset variables (without conflagurating your string with "null")

**Technically speaking** you **could** have more types than these, where you would follow the same general logic as above (so anything goes), but my point, my justification for this idea is **why would you?**

Reaction score
This is what i would call a "super language". Its a project im beginning to work on. But first, i needed a low level interpreted language, like java bytecode, but more general. Guess what? Thats where im beginning my journey. Im 36, and ive been working on portable numbers format (PNF) since i was 15.
www.github.com/smileynet000.

A proper super language, has 1 syntax, which describes many. I would say, based off of today, it must do 3 seperate syntaxes or greater, to be a super language.

This is my key to having an english compiler.

Ask a Question