Universal system

Reaction score
I've been working on a universal system for the past year and a half or so. I've got everything nailed down down to apache (delivering payloads of data via http).

I'm wondering, quite fundamentally, what I'm getting at (am I reinventing the wheel, etc.).

Any ideas?

Reaction score
So to elaborate I started looking at DaDaBIK (first to result from Google) as a general-purpose solution for databasing from within php. What I want is whatever would sit on top of that to form a "universal" "framework" that I could generally use to develop websites (without the dirty conscience:).

Then I got to thinking: json was the missing link to get the idea, the first half, of this project done. It's unstructured data, which puts the whole thing on the ground.

So what I'm looking for is a solution that can handle structured, as well as unstructured, data, to account for the full spectrum of potential along these lines.

From there everything can simply be reverse engineered.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Ok solved my own problem, just thought I would post the results :)

The solution is actually pdo (or possibly mysqli). Both
PHP:
$myObj = new MyClass($mysqli->query("select * from some_table where some_id = some_value"));
and
PHP:
$mysqli->query("insert into some_table values(some_value)");
are one statement a peice.

Ask a Question