IE6 and page size

archana

Hi all

I am having asp.net application which is using gridiview. I am binding
thousands of record to this gridview. When i open this page in IE6, i
am geting error ' page can not be displayed'.
Why this is happening. Is there any limi on page size which can be
displayed to IE6.
I don't want to use paging on gridview.

can any one tell me about this?

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi all

I am having asp.net application which is using gridiview. I am binding
thousands of record to this gridview. When i open this page in IE6, i
am geting error ' page can not be displayed'.
Why this is happening. Is there any limi on page size which can be
displayed to IE6.
I don't want to use paging on gridview.

can any one tell me about this?

No, because you have not given enough information. All you have told us
is "it is not working in IE6" and made assumptions on the cause without
any information to back up your assumptions. But, I will give you some
guidance.

How many rows are you showing at one time? If you say thousands, you
should opt for a new strategy, especially if this is just reporting.
Printing to PDF and then linking the user to the PDF might work better,
as an example.

As for GridView, you can reduce the page size by reducing ViewState. If
this is a "report", then removing viewstate from the Grid is a workable
solution (perhaps). If you showing thousands of rows, this might be an
issue still.

Peace and Grace,