IIS 6.0 and ASP.NET

Guest

Hi guys,

I have a problem with an asp.net 2.0 application when is running on IIS 6.0
server,
the problem is that after 6 or more requests is working slow for a while,
the same application on IIS 5.0 is working fine without this slow requests.

Thx a lot for your help guys,
Stefan

Guest

Thx for your response, I did the changes and still nothing, after 3 request I
get a very slow response. This is not the case on IIS 5.0.

Best regards,
Stefan

Andrea Zani said:
StefanT said:
I have a problem with an asp.net 2.0 application when is running on
IIS 6.0 server,
the problem is that after 6 or more requests is working slow for a
while, the same application on IIS 5.0 is working fine without this
slow requests.

Read this thread:
http://groups.google.it/group/micro..._frm/thread/4feba14083ff0177/bc251277932b9a4a

--
AZ [Microsoft - .NET MVP]
Mia Home page: http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it

Juan T. Llibre

Stefan,

would you outline the type of requests you're returning ?
( i.e., large recordsets, Session/Application usage, etc. ?)

How much physical RAM do you have on the IIS 6.0 server ?

Also, please sketch your ASP.NET recycling
and Application Pooling configuration.

Andrea Zani said:
StefanT said:
I have a problem with an asp.net 2.0 application when is running on
IIS 6.0 server,
the problem is that after 6 or more requests is working slow for a
while, the same application on IIS 5.0 is working fine without this
slow requests.

Read this thread:
http://groups.google.it/group/micro..._frm/thread/4feba14083ff0177/bc251277932b9a4a

--
AZ [Microsoft - .NET MVP]
Mia Home page: http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it
Asp.Net community: http://www.aspitalia.com
Il mio blog: http://blogs.aspitalia.com/az

Guest

Hi Juan,

the server is in normal parameters and I don't have a dataset or something
like that on my
pages. This is strange becouse I have this problem only on IIS 6.0 and the
asp.net app is in
asp.net 2.0. I did some tests I now I manage to isolate one of the pages how
starts this problem.
On that page I try to access a file and I have a critical section of code
that is protected by a mutex object.

Best regards,
Stefan

Andrea Zani said:
StefanT <[email protected]> ha scritto:
I have a problem with an asp.net 2.0 application when is running on
IIS 6.0 server,
the problem is that after 6 or more requests is working slow for a
while, the same application on IIS 5.0 is working fine without this
slow requests.

Read this thread:
http://groups.google.it/group/micro..._frm/thread/4feba14083ff0177/bc251277932b9a4a

--
AZ [Microsoft - .NET MVP]
Mia Home page: http://ciclismo.sitiasp.it
Asp.Net community: http://www.aspitalia.com
Il mio blog: http://blogs.aspitalia.com/az

Juan T. Llibre

Hi, Stefan.

When you say that :
"the same application on IIS 5.0 is working fine"
is that app also running on the ASP.NET 2.0 Beta ?

If not, one possible explanation is that Beta 2
still has a lot of debug code inserted in it,
making it relatively slower than ASP.NET 1.1.

That will change when ASP.NET 2.0 is released.

OTOH, if both are running on ASP.NET 2.0, what I would suggest
is that you bug the behavior at the MSDN Product Feedback Center:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/Default.aspx

That way, if the behavior can be reproduced, you might be
helping get rid of the problem, if there is one.

: