IIS suddenly stopped working with ASP.NET 1.1 - ASPNET_REGIIS doesnt seem to work

J Rieggle

Hi,

Having been flamed for my previous HEEEELP! post and called childish, I
decided to reframe this problem - I have to have something ready for
tomorrow morning, and my server has stopped working and I have no clue how
to fix it, hence my original post, sent from a place of severe stress.

I rebooted my box for no particular reason other than I had decided to
reboot my router. When XP had sorted itself out, I loaded Dev Studio 2003
and loaded my web solution. During the load, dev studio complained that
ASP.NET 1.1 was not installed and so it couldnt load the web project.
Everything was installed, but I decided to do an ASPNET_REGIIS call with -i,
then with -c when the first attempt failed...nothing. I did some searching
around but cannot find anything specific to this problem, so I decided to
uninstall IIS and reinstall. Having done this I have downloaded the full
1.1 redistributable package and reinstalled that and still nothing. I then
ran ASPNET_REGIIS on IIS.

When I use the -lk commandline option I see that 1.1 is installed and it is
installed for my website/virtual directory. Looking at the properties for
my website I see no reference to ASPX, which I thought ASPNET_REGIIS would
remap. I cannot find the solution to this because everything that I find
assumes calling ASPNET_REGIIS will do the trick, but it isnt.

Anybody got any advice?

Thanks

Jr.

Curt_C [MVP]

Anybody got any advice?
Thanks

Jr.

sadly... try a re-install of VS2003...
I had a similar issue in the past and that was the easiest fix.

Hope that helps, it sucks to have to do that...