Instantiating black box module

Dek

Hi all,

I'm trying to instantiate a RAM using Block-Ram with Xilinx Core
Generator. I've succesfully create the Core, and simulated it with
Modelsim (using the .vhd file created by Core Generator). Now when I
try to synthesize my design with ISE project navigator I got this
warning:

line 130: Instantiating black box module <ram_128>.

should I explicitly add the ram_128.vhd file? Or, since my design
actually do synthesize, should I just ignore this warning?

Thanks all

Dek

Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
The .vhd is only for simulation. The CoreGen tool has also created a .ngc wich is a pre-synthesized encrypted netlist for this core.

The ISE toolchain will look for the .ngc (it should be located in your project folder or where the macro_search_path variable points to) file and include it after the synthesis step.

So yes, you can ignore this warning.

Dek

At synthesis, notice (then ignore) the warning.

At Translate, make sure it finds the implementation of ram_128 - e.g. look for a
message "Loading module ram_128.ngc" or some such in the console or the .bld
report file.

If Translate can't find it: (a) move it into the project directory or (b) set
the "core search path" option to point to the right directory.

- Brian

Thanks Brian,

during Translate I had this message:

Applying constraints in "ipcore_dir/ram_128.ncf" to module
"ipcore_dir/ram_128.ngc"...

so it should be ok. I've asked it because I generated post place and
route simulation model and I tried to simulate it, but post layout
simulation differs from functional simulation. I thought the problem
was this of the blak box module, but if you confirm me that I can
ignore this warning I'll seek the problem somewhere else.

Thanks

Dek