Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Hemant

Hi,
I am working on vb.net 2005.
When I type a url with .html extension it says
web page can not be displayed.
but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
what is the error?

thanks ,
hemant

Guest

Hi,
I am working on vb.net 2005.
When I type a url with .html extension it says
web page can not be displayed.
but if i type the url for the same page with .aspx page its working.
both pages exists but only .aspx is working.
what is the error?

thanks ,
hemant

Try to disable HTTP Friendly Error Messages in Internet Explorer
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc778248(WS.10).aspx

or look in Event Log (if this is your server) or in other browser...

Hope this would give you more details on error

Hemant

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
I am getting the same message after disable the show friendly message check
box.
I have also check the event log .
In event description there is a message :
The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using
EnterpriseSession.Initiali().

and the source is MbfQueuedWorkItemService

what is the problem i am not getting yet.

[...]

Is it a standard ASP.NET site on IIS, or it is a Microsoft Dynamics
application? All links about Business Framework refer to Dynamics

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ramework+must+be+started+using"&start=20&sa=N

Hemant

Hi,
thanks
It is standard asp.net application in vb.net 2005.
as i mention before.
[...]

I am facing with the same problem .
as i type .html in the url it says the page can not be displayed and if i
type .aspx it is working fine.
but both pages are exists . it is a vb.net 2005 application.
thanks,
hemant

Hemant

thanks George ,
If i wirte .htm it give me 404 error.
I am missing something else?
thanks ,
hemant

Guest

thanks George ,
If i wirte .htm it give me 404 error.
I am missing something else?
thanks ,

To make .htm working you need to have an appropriate .htm file in the
directory of your website. If you don't have the file - create it and
test.

Hemant

I got where i am wrong.
here is detail:
I have change my iis 6.0 settings for custom url .
I have added .html extension to application configuraion and copy its
executable path same as .aspx extension
this all for SEO.
know my .aspx page is show in .html extension but the original page which
has .html extension shows the error that page can not be displayd .
i think i am missing some settings for iis 6.0
If i change the .html to .htm than all are working fine but whats wrong with
..html extension
please help me.

[...]

Add a static file handler to the web.config file as below

</httpHandlers>

More details on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bya7fh0a.aspx

Hemant

Thanks Anon User .
You have solved my problem
thanks a lot once again.

[...]

     <add path="*.html" verb="*" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" /

</httpHandlers>

More details onhttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bya7fh0a.aspx- Hide quoted text -

Great, no problem.

It was difficult to find where the issue is because I didn't know that
you've modified the IIS settings.

BTW, I don't think that replacement of "aspx" to "html" will give you
a big advantage in SEO. I think, Google and others don't rely on this
at all and an extension has no effect on rankings. Read what Google
said about this

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-static-urls.html

Hemant

Hi Alexey,
Yes you are right .html is not necessary but i have implemented it so i
don't want to change it.
I have make the unique url for every product with .html extension
I think this is the main for SEO.
Now I want to ask that if I want to pass query string with this unique url
for SEO than should I use "?" for query string or I should use "/" .
which is right from below url:
www.domain.com/apple.html?type=a
or
www.domain.com/type=a/apple.html

Please suggest me.

Thanks,
Hemant

Thanks Anon User .
You have solved my problem
thanks a lot once again.

[...]

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/dynamic-urls-vs-st...- Hide quoted text -

If you have read the link, you might notice what Google says about
"static-looking URLs which may cause more crawling problems than
serving the dynamic URL without rewriting". Moreover, if you do a
rewriting, it would make sense to change

www.domain.com/type=a/apple.html

www.domain.com/type/apple

to get rid of all irrelevant parameters from the url.

Otherwise, just keep

www.domain.com/apple.html?type=a

as it is.