Can't asp.net Website to Display In Internet Explorer

Joey

Hello all,

I have a machine with the following config:

Windows XP Professional
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard Ed
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express (it works fine with
Standard Ed)
asp.net 1.1
asp.net 2.0
Internet Explorer 7

The app is written in VS2003/C# and makes lots of calls to a Microsoft
SQL Server 2005 database.

I set IIS to point to my website folder, and I set the asp.net tab to
v1.1 (for my site). When I start the site and browse to it by typing
"http://localhost", only a white page is displayed. The same is true
if I type the actual URL as "http://localhost/Default.aspx". When it
starts it says "Website found...", but then it just show a white page,
that's it.

But if I point to another folder, with an "index.htm" file, it shows
it with no problem.

I have made sure that Default.aspx is listed under the "Documents" tab
in the IIS snap in.

In troubleshooting I have tried running "....framework
\v1.1..\aspnet_regiis /u"
and then "aspnet_regiis /i"
and then rebooting, but that didn't work.

What is causing the white page to display, and how can I fix it?

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,
[...]

What happens when you add a simple HTML control in your ASPX page? For
example, if you just add a normal input type="button", does it appear?
Or simple text?

Greetings,
Laurent