Internet Explorer cannot download <file name> from <server>

SUNNY

Hi I have a web application(website) from which i generate reports. I code
behind used is asp.net. When i give a small date range to generate reports it
works fine, but when i give a big date range i am shown a Error Message:

Internet Explorer cannot download <file name> from <server>
Internet Explorer was not able to open the Internet site. The requested site
is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

Am sure the code works fine because the same application is on another
server and there i am able to generate reports with out any problem.

To enable larger files to be downloadable i have set parameter( in IIS 6.0 )
AspBufferingLimit = 22000000 in metabase.xml file. But still i am getting
the error as stated above.

Please let me know where am i doing wrong.

s_m_b

Hi I have a web application(website) from which i generate reports. I
code behind used is asp.net. When i give a small date range to
generate reports it works fine, but when i give a big date range i am
shown a Error Message:

Internet Explorer cannot download <file name> from <server>
Internet Explorer was not able to open the Internet site. The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try
again later.

Am sure the code works fine because the same application is on another
server and there i am able to generate reports with out any problem.

To enable larger files to be downloadable i have set parameter( in IIS
6.0 ) AspBufferingLimit = 22000000 in metabase.xml file. But still i
am getting the error as stated above.

Please let me know where am i doing wrong.

TO be honest, this sounds like you have an error message trapped in the
page code, that needs sorting. When IE starts complaining that it cannot
download a file name, the web server is not recognising the output as html,
and tries to hand the file to the browser.

SUNNY

--
SUNNY

s_m_b said:
TO be honest, this sounds like you have an error message trapped in the
page code, that needs sorting. When IE starts complaining that it cannot
download a file name, the web server is not recognising the output as html,
and tries to hand the file to the browser.
But s_m_b as you can read above, the same code is on another server and
reports are generating there, on this server also reports get generated but
if the date range is big only then its failing.