Iowa Python Users Group - First Meeting

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mike Driscoll, Sep 9, 2008.

  1. Hi all,

    The first meeting date for the Iowa Python Users Group has been
    decided. Here are the details:

    Time / Date: Wednesday, Sept. 24 from 7-9 p.m.

    Location:
    Marshall County Sheriff's Office, 3rd floor
    2369 Jessup Ave
    Marshalltown, IA 50158

    Unofficial website: http://www.ipug.pythonlibrary.org

    Don't know how to get there? Check out maps.yahoo.com or
    maps.google.com. The Sheriff's Office is not actually in Marshalltown.
    If you take Highway 30 East, towards Marshalltown you'll see it on
    your left. There's a large water tower there and the building is a
    rusty red color. There are some signs for a Tractor convention there
    as well. If you're coming from the other direction, then skip ALL the
    exits and keep driving until the lanes go from 4 lanes to 2. It should
    be the second right after that.

    I am still developing the agenda for our first meeting, but here are
    some of the things we're going to discuss:

    - What day really works best for meeting? (if you can't make the first
    one, you can email me your votes!)
    - Figure out what domain name our group should have
    - Decide on what Python web framework to use to create said site
    (which will be a group project)
    - Try to come up with what format we want our meetings to take.

    Plone and Zope users are welcome. In fact, anyone who is interested in
    Python (regardless of their experience with it) is welcome to come.
    Let your Iowan Python friends know.

    Questions or ideas? Send them to me. Thanks!

    Mike Driscoll

    email: mike (at) pythonlibrary (dot) org
    Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org
    Python Extension Building Network: http://www.pythonlibrary.org

    Mike Driscoll, Sep 9, 2008