J2ME Location API for retrieving Cell-ID and LAI

Gira

Hello all!!!!

I want just to ask whether it is possible to retrieve GSM information
such as Cell-ID and LAI using the "new" location API for J2ME.

I have read on different newsgroups that it is possible to get the
coordinates of the GSM tower iff the GSM operator provides such
information.
However I do not need the latitude-longitude of a tower, but exactly
its Cell-ID and LAI.

Unfortunately I could not find any answer to my question.... ;(
Do you have any suggestion?!

Thanks,

Andrea

PS: I could use a background application for SymbianOS, however I will
prefer to just use Java.

Gira

Hello all!!!!

I want just to ask whether it is possible to retrieve GSM information
such as Cell-ID and LAI using the "new" location API for J2ME.

I have read on different newsgroups that it is possible to get the
coordinates of the GSM tower iff the GSM operator provides such
information.
However I do not need the latitude-longitude of a tower, but exactly
its Cell-ID and LAI.

Unfortunately I could not find any answer to my question.... ;(
Do you have any suggestion?!

Thanks,

Andrea

PS: I could use a background application for SymbianOS, however I will
prefer to just use Java.

No idea?! ;(