Java OCI Driver support for 9i and 10g

prashdegr8

All,
I have an web based Java application deployed in Tomcat 5.5.9 using
JDK version 1.5 on windows.we use oracleOCI client to connect to
oracle database.

earlier we were using 9i version classes12.jar to connect to 9i
database using 9i client.Now as we are upgrading our applications to
use oracle 10g. Also as we still need to support oracle 9i, how can i
make my application support both of them.

If i use the 10g library classes12.jar in my application, i am not
able to connect using 9i client to 9i database and vice versa.

Even using 10g client's ojdbc14.jar i was not able to connect to db
using 9i client.

Please suggest.