JNLP and IIS

carmelo

Hi everybody,
I have a java application that I should start using Java Web Start
from an IIS 7 Server. I added the mime type
"application/x-java-jnlp-file" but the browser opens the file as text
without loading the application. If you launch the application
directly with the command "javaws http://myip/miofile.jnlp" it
works...

How can I do?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Andrew Thompson

..I have a java application that I should start using Java Web Start
from an IIS 7 Server. I added the mime type
"application/x-java-jnlp-file"..

Did you check that the server was serving it up
as that type? said:
..but the browser opens the file as text
without loading the application. If you launch the application
directly with the command "javaws http://myip/miofile.jnlp" ..

Is this JNLP private?

Andrew Thompson

Thank you for your reply Andrew.
The resulting answer was:

Served type
'application/x-java-jnlp-file'
matches one of the expected types.
OK

What do you mean? That file is publicly readable.

The URLs you have supplied are not the real
URL to the JNLP. What is the real URL?

Andrew Thompson

I have a sneaking suspicion it'shttp://127.0.0.1/miofile.jnlp, but I
guess we'll see what the OP says.

Seems logical, but I want to hear that from the OP.

BTW - which 'browser' are you using? AFAIR Opera
did not play well with JNLP files unless specially
configured (though it has been a long time since I
checked that).