    I see at w3schools it says i should learn jaascript first. Why would
    that be?

    Tim W

    Tim W, Jul 5, 2012

  2. Tim W

    Tim Streater Guest

    Prolly because in any sort of interesting application, you'll need both
    PHP and JavaScript.

    Tim Streater, Jul 5, 2012

  3. Tim W

    Lewis Guest

    w3schools is a shitpile and should be avoided at all costs.

    Lewis, Jul 5, 2012
  4. Tim W

    TK Guest

    "PHP 5 and MySQL Bible" is very good and when/if you get bored with it,
    it is great for pressing flowers. Used at Amazon very cheap.

    TK, Jul 5, 2012
  5. Tim W

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    You might also check at comp.lang.php . That group is not as active as
    it once was, but I just checked and at least many of the posts now are
    on topic. Both php and Javascript often can do about the same things.
    The big difference is that Javascript usually operates on your
    computer, while php usually operates on your server. You thus need to
    have use of a server that has a fairly recent version of php installed
    on it. Web hosts can differ considerably on what type of php support
    they will provide. The codes for Javascript and php have much in
    common, and this can get you into trouble at first if you write both
    Javascript and php.

    cwdjrxyz, Jul 6, 2012