List of favorites

Mark J

Hello,

Here is what I am trying to do (using php/mysql/javascript):

Get a list of favorites cities out of a mysql database.

Allow the user to rank their favorite cities using up/down arrows
without refreshing the page. I have done this in PHP but would prefer
to use something that updates live, so the entire page (there is a lot
of other stuff on the page) doesn't have to refresh.

So I would like the cities listed, then up and down arrows next to
each one. Once the person is finished adjusting their list, they hit
submit and it gets written to a database with PHP.

Can anyone kick me in the right direction? Should I use DHTML or
Javascript? I looked for a script or tutorial on the net and had no
luck.

Thanks