Mac OS X Tiger comes with Tk?

Ben Bleything

I couldn't figure out what the heck you were referring to because the
disc1 contents window had six icons in it: one was the Xcode Tools
directory and none of the other icons was Optional Installs.mpkg. So I
did a search with Finder, and Finder said that the file Optional
Installs.mpkg was on disc1. What the?! Then I expanded the disc1
contents window, and voila! some other icons magically appeared at the
bottom. I don't think the default for that page should be icon view!

Yeah, sorry about that. X11 *used* to be part of the dev tools, but I
always forget that that is not the case anymore. Sorry to have led you
astray :)

Also, for what it's worth, Optional Installs is hidden in the default
folder view because it's normally accessed via the regular installer.

Ben

7

7stud --

Ben said:
Yeah, sorry about that. X11 *used* to be part of the dev tools, but I
always forget that that is not the case anymore. Sorry to have led you
astray :)

Also, for what it's worth, Optional Installs is hidden in the default
folder view because it's normally accessed via the regular installer.

Ben

Recently, I updated to ruby 1.8.6 and now when I try to run this
program:

require 'tk'

I get this output:

r1test.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- tk (LoadError)
from r1test.rb:1

What happened? :(

Tim Ferrell

7stud said:
Recently, I updated to ruby 1.8.6 and now when I try to run this
program:

require 'tk'

I get this output:

r1test.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load -- tk (LoadError)
from r1test.rb:1

What happened? :(

How did you upgrade? MacPorts? If so it sounds like you did not choose
one of the Tk variants, i.e sudo port install ruby +mactk

Cheers,
Tim