    the following news, posted today to xsl-list@, to the group.

    (And I’m still curious if there’re any free software non-Java
    XSLT 3.0 implementations expected to appear anytime soon?)

    Ivan Shmakov, Dec 11, 2013

  2. There is an announcement of another .NET implementation
    http://exselt.net/. However, it is not free software I think, if that
    what's mainly interests you.

    And I signed up there as a beta tester and never received any answer.
    Furthermore the release schedule says "November 2013 - general
    availability release", we are obviously past that date without any
    change to the website. So it remains to be seen whether that project
    will result in a release.

    Martin Honnen, Dec 11, 2013

  3. Ivan Shmakov

    Ivan Shmakov Guest

    Yes. And, well, I should’ve stated it clearer: I’m interested
    in implementations with C or (perhaps) C++ bindings.

    There seem to be a few free software XSLT 2.0 implementations in
    Java, but my guess would be that tying that Java code into Perl
    or Prolog would be a painful excercise.

    (That being said, a decent Prolog implementation may obviate the
    very need in XSLT. At the expense, perhaps, of lesser code
    “readability†to the “general audience.â€)

    […]

    Ivan Shmakov, Dec 11, 2013