Microsoft Visual Studio for Database proffessionals

russell.mccloy

Hello,

I started using the new CTP for Microsoft Visual Studio for Database
proffessionals and it's great. however I decided to do a walkthrough on
a web cast and follow the steps.
When I go and open a new instance of Visual Studio and select add new
project > sql2005 database project I get the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error
Locating Server/Instance Specified)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

All my SQL server allow remote connections.

I have tried every possible combination of server instande in my tools
? options > database tools > data connections AND design time
validation database.

I have looked at all the config TCP settings and cant figure out what
is going on. I allow TCP and named pipes.

I have been connecting to any number of my databases for 8 months with
no problem and visual studio works fine in all other areas.

Can any one help??

thanks
RuSs