Mobile Internet Toolkit Obsolete?

Peter Young

I'm trying to understand what is required to develop and test mobile web
apps targeted at PocketPC 2003 devices.

I've built a mobile web app in VS.Net 2003, but it runs in IE6. I want it to
run in a PocketPC 2003 emulator.

How do I get it to run in a PocketPC 2003 emulator?

I tried the Mobile Internet Toolkit (MMIT 1.0) but the installer complains
that I don't have the correct .Net framework.

Baccarin

Peter,

I will try to help you, let's go ...

You need to be sure that you have this installed in your
development machine:

- .NET Framework 1.1 (with it you don't need MIT)
- the Microsoft Loopoback Adapter if you aren't in a
local network
- Pocket PC Emulator with a different name
from "Pocket_PC" in System tab (Settings / system /
About / Device ID / Device Name field)

When calling your ASP.NET Mobile Controls page from
Pocket IE, use your loopback adapter ip address instead
of localhost as past of your url (after installing MS
Loopback Adapter go to a Command Prompt windows and
type 'config').

If possible, try to install Device Update 4 too, it
contains some new device actualizations.

I hope that helps you.

Regards,

Alexandre.