Mobile "Logout" on closing browser

Alex Maghen

Hi. I have experience with FormsAuthentication for the PC. For mobile, I'm
having one little problem: When the user exits the browser on his phone, I
was hoping that - like in IE and Firefox on the PC - the user would be logged
out when they closed the browser because the session cookie would be gone.

In mobile, this doesn't seem to be working. Is it because it doesn't use
cookies? Any idea of how to force this to happen?

Alex

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, so please feel free to
correct me if I've misunderstood anything.

What's your objective here on your mobile device? Do you mean that you want
to the user log out when user closes the browser? In other words, currently
the user doesn't need to login again when he/she opens the browser again on
your mobile device.

What's your mobile device's system? Based on my experience, Windows Mobile
on pocket pc will use "Smart Minimize" feature: when you click on the close
button, the application actually still runs at background.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support