mobile phone datamanagement

Dennis Dahn

Hello,

I am new in writing applications for mobile phones.
I wonder how I could store data on a mobile phone, Nokia for example.

Is there any feature like database management for mobile phones?
Does anybody know a good book about mobile programming with java (not only
game programming)?
And a good newsgroup for this?

Thank you for your information!

Regards,

Dennis

David N. Welton

Dennis said:
Hello,

I am new in writing applications for mobile phones.
I wonder how I could store data on a mobile phone, Nokia for example.

Is there any feature like database management for mobile phones?
Does anybody know a good book about mobile programming with java (not only
game programming)?

I have the O'Reilly 'J2ME in a Nutshell', and it seems ok. It only
covers the MIDP1.0 API, but that's fine by me, as phones with that are
still being sold new.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/059600253X/dedasys-20

(Yeah, I get a tiny bit of money if you buy through that link... thanks:)

As far as storing data, you want to use 'RMS' (no, not Richard Stallman!):

http://www.microjava.com/articles/techtalk/rms

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=j2me+rms&btnG=Google+Search
And a good newsgroup for this?

There are a few j2me people here, but not too many. I wouldn't mind
knowing myself if there is somewhere better...

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/