moving projects

Jonathan Crawford

Hi

I am sure this must have a simple answer.
I can't move web projects.

I move the project to the webserver and it runs fine from
the browser soo it is there an it works

I click on the sln file and I get some message
about the default access method being set to fileshare
and the appplicvation on local host not existing (I am putting it
on a sever)

Not a cle what to do. Is there a guide to this

thanks

jc

Guest

Assuming ASP.NET 1.1:

Solution: Don't use solution files in these cases. Rebuild them on the new
machine instead (using Add >> Existing Project From Web). You may not believe
me, but this is the quickest and least complicated solution.

Second Solution: Edit the solution file to point to the directory name, et
al, on the new machine. You will also, most likely, have to edit the .webinfo
and, in some cases, the project file for the web project. Goal: match
absolute path to the URL in all files. Yes, this methodology is a pain in the
@$$.

Third solution: Move to ASP.NET 2.0. Does not solve everything, but there
are no project files, so you only have to dink with one file (.sln file).

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!