Moving to new form of usenet ideas?

Jerry Avins

Do you two need the exposure you get by cross posting this pissing
match? Try private email and preserve at least a modicum of dignity.

Jerry

John Fields

Do you two need the exposure you get by cross posting this pissing
match?

---
Well, I kinda like the fact that the dynamics of a public pissing
match cause the pissers to realize that they can't just slough off a
particularly well-aimed squirt, since they're being watched and the
quality of their pissing judged.

ChairmanOfTheBored

Oh gee, professor, not really? And what about usenet postings where
servers have some difficulty with proportional spacing, where a choice
has to be made between ragged paragraphs and colloquial punctuation?
Next time your skirts get in a tizzy, complain to the servers not moi.

Utter bullshit.

ChairmanOfTheBored

I know. I've been meaning to speak to my faculty advisor about it but
much like you he thinks reality is played on a Nintendo GameCube too.

Never owned one, you retarded ****.

ChairmanOfTheBored

Talk is cheap.

Not exactly. No doubt you're an empiric capable of is grade school
grammatical criticism which, fascinating as that may be construed,
isn't very truthful.

"of is"??? You aren't drunk, you're damaged goods.

Lester Zick

Seems to be all you can afford.

All that seems to be obvious is you're a dyslexic grammarian and not
very much of the latter.

I'd rather have a drink.

~v~~

Lester Zick

In this particular context I'd rather try a verb which agrees with the
object.

You're just being fellatious.

~v~~

Lester Zick

It worked for Samuel Johnson.
Besides, I _can't_ tell the difference.
Obviously.

Hell, as far as I know
you're _always_ drunk and _always_ pompous.

Always drunk and always true.

~v~~

ChairmanOfTheBored

Do you two need the exposure you get by cross posting this pissing
match? Try private email and preserve at least a modicum of dignity.

As if you assessments, and attempted moderations have any modicum of
maturity in an open, free speech, public forum.

Learn to set your filters, Jerry boy.

Lester Zick

Do you two need the exposure you get by cross posting this pissing
match? Try private email and preserve at least a modicum of dignity.

Well truth needs the exposure. I'm not so particular.

~v~~

Lester Zick

Two spaces are recommended in non-proportional fonts like Courier New,
a legacy from typewriter days. Some proportional fonts used in modern
computers adjust the location of the period at the end of a sentence
so that two spaces are not required to provide a distinctive space
between sentences.

I still use two spaces anyway.

Personally I find a simple period sufficient unto the day for the
usenet manual of style.

~v~~