need help for open an image

swetha

Hi,

I want to load one bitmap file with out using handler functions or
win32 applications in C++(not in MFC).

I have one more doubt that is it possible to draw lines or any thing
using OPENGL on bitmap file.(this bitmap file is loaded using windows
handler functions).

Hope will give reply.
Regards,
swetha.

Micah Cowan

swetha said:
Hi,

I want to load one bitmap file with out using handler functions or
win32 applications in C++(not in MFC).

Without using prepackaged functions? You mean roll your own facilities
to read in the file and manipulate the pixmap? There's not much we can
do for you here; you'd have to go read up on pixmap file formats, etc.
I have one more doubt that is it possible to draw lines or any thing
using OPENGL on bitmap file.(this bitmap file is loaded using windows
handler functions).

It's pretty much meaningless to talk about using OpenGL on a bitmap
file. Typically, you describe what should be drawn using OpenGL, and
have it render as a pixmap to a memory buffer; then you would convert
that memory buffer into the file format you want it to be in, and write
it out.

If you're not willing existing "handler functions" to do this, you have
to do it yourself. That requires a lot of understanding of the relevant
file formats, and a bit about how raster graphics work, which in turn
will probably involve a lot of reading.

You won't get that knowledge from a programming forum, I'm afraid.

swetha

I did n't understand proeprly what you are telling regarding drawing
opengl symbologies on bitmap image.

If you don't mind can you tell weather is it possible or not.If
possible means how to achieve this one.

Hope will give reply.
Regards,
swetha.

Victor Bazarov

swetha said:
I did n't understand proeprly what you are telling regarding drawing
opengl symbologies on bitmap image.

If you don't mind can you tell weather is it possible or not.If
possible means how to achieve this one.

Dear swetha, neither 'opengl' nor 'bitmap' are topical here, and
without quoting what you're replying to, your message does not
make much sense either. Please consider posting to a newsgroup
relevant to your inquiry.