need help with COM in C

xwskx

Hello,

I need some help using COM in c. i've been using them sucessfully in
C#, C++, and java. But i can't find any tutorials for using them in c.
Does any have any good examples or a link to a tutorial. the COMs i'm
interested in is the OLE and GDI+.

Flash Gordon

xwskx said:
Hello,

I need some help using COM in c. i've been using them sucessfully in
C#, C++, and java. But i can't find any tutorials for using them in c.
Does any have any good examples or a link to a tutorial. the COMs i'm
interested in is the OLE and GDI+.

I have some advice. Ask in a Windows group, we only deal with standard C
here not Windows, Unix or any other system specific stuff.

<OT>
Hint, you can use C++ to write wrappers which are calling from C, but
I've absolutely no idea if this is the best approach and I don't want to
know.
</OT>

Skarmander

xwskx said:
I need some help using COM in c.

Asphyxiating yourself with a handkerchief is more fun, and has a far better
chance of success. But obviously this is a personal preference.
i've been using them sucessfully in
C#, C++, and java. But i can't find any tutorials for using them in c.
Does any have any good examples or a link to a tutorial. the COMs i'm
interested in is the OLE and GDI+.

The usual approach is to hide all the COM rigmarole behind macros that
happen to work both in C and C++, with the C versions doing a lot of pointer
indirection through "lpVtbl". In any case, lots of macro magic is
practically a necessity. Readable code is attainable; pretty code is not.

Try comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 and/or
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole.

S.