netbeans

Likux

Greetings.

I have "strange" problem. I created java desktop app under netbeans,
added some basic design, buttons, forms etc.
After some basic programming i compilled the program without errors.
You can see the whole gui.

After that i added some code and new class ( deleted one of the old ones )
and now there's no design or source tab.

E.g. if i click on some file (let's say maintest.java ) i will get the
source but there is no switching to design view.
If i run inspector i get empty window.

It important to say that this has working before and if i compile the
program it will load whole gui with forms and buttons.

Where can i switch this options ?

John B. Matthews

Likux said:
I have "strange" problem. I created java desktop app under netbeans,
added some basic design, buttons, forms etc.

Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a "Java
Application"? More on the difference may be found here:

After some basic programming i compilled the program without errors.
You can see the whole gui.

After that i added some code and new class ( deleted one of the old
ones ) and now there's no design or source tab.

Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
details.
E.g. if i click on some file (let's say maintest.java ) i will get
the source but there is no switching to design view. If i run
inspector i get empty window.

It important to say that this has working before and if i compile the
program it will load whole gui with forms and buttons.

Where can i switch this options ?

Look for buttons labeled "Source and "Design".

Likux

Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a "Java
Application"?
* I created java application.
Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
details.
* i didn't delete anything accept one class.
In the files/src folder you can find just 3 files and all of them have
..java extension. Nothing else is in the source folder.
Look for buttons labeled "Source and "Design".
* this is what i am looking for :)

Thank you for your time.

John B. Matthews

[QUOTE="Likux said:
Just to clarify: Did you create a "Java Desktop Application" or a
"Java Application"?
* I created java application.
Did you delete any files ending in ".form"? They contain the design
details.
* i didn't delete anything accept one class.
In the files/src folder you can find just 3 files and all of them have
.java extension. Nothing else is in the source folder.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, if the corresponding ".form" files are missing, then the required
design information is lost with them. My scratch project looks like this:

$ ls guibuilder/src/temp/
Main.form Main.java

If you have no backup and the loss is sufficiently recent, NetBeans'
Local History may have a copy.
* this is what i am looking for :)

I recall having to close and re-open a project occasionally in 6.8 to
restore the buttons, but not in more recent versions.