New guy

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new here obviously, and new to coding in general. I have done some work with networking and a little bit of newb programming, but nothing too in depth. I am currently working on a project that involves a trail camera. What I'm wanting to accomplish is to take an inexpensive trail camera and redo the programming to also integrate a wifi chip and some automation for transferring pictures to a seperate "server" on the network.

So longwinded way of saying, hello and I hope that I can get some help.

Sincerely,

Matthew

Reaction score
Hello and welcome! That sounds like an interesting project. I don't know much about trail cameras, but is it easy to "redo the programming?" Feels like adding a new chip would also be incredibly difficult. Have you considered using a Raspberry Pi with an infrared camera, battery pack, and weatherproof case? It might not have the same battery life (I'm not sure of the battery life of the Pi or an average trail camera), but it'd be pretty easy to emulate a trail camera using C or Python. If you Google "Raspberry Pi trail camera," there are plenty of results, as well. If this is a non-starter, I'd love to hear more details about the project.

Ask a Question