New to asp.net mobile development

Guest

I posted this to the aspnet.mobile group, however there appears to be little
activity there. So I am trying here for I am really stuck.

I am really confused as I browse Microsoft’s MSDN in regard to mobile
development and VS2005. I go to the mobile asp net page:
http://www.asp.net/default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=44
The things I read in here seem to refer to VS2003 or are just plain old. I
go to device update and the latest update is from Oct. 2003, .net framework
1.1.
http://www.asp.net/mobile/deviceupdate.aspx?tabindex=5

I see statements that mention quick starts as a place to learn about mobile
coding. I setup the quick starts that came with VS2005 Professional and I
cannot find anything in regard to mobile.

In the “Roadmap to Mobile Web Developmentâ€,
http://www.asp.net/mobile/mobileroadmap.aspx?tabindex=6 it makes mention of
the upcoming asp.net 2.0 release. Hence, again old information.

Any help that you can provide in learning about developing for mobile
browser devices (cell phones etc.) would be appreciated. Things like basic
information, quick starts, and tutorials under VS2005. I am totally new to
this tyoe of development. Any good book titles?

Thanks very much.

Al