newbie: a ContentPlaceHolder question here

Jeff

hey

asp.net 2.0

I have a ContentPlaceHolder control in my master page. I need a way to
determine during runtime what is the name of the page being shown in the
ContentPlaceHolder.

I ask because if the page shown in the ContentPlaceHolder is "Result.aspx"
then I should programmatically add some extra menu items to the menu in the
master page..

Originally I thought I could use the Control.ID to determine the name of the
page. But I think that is not the correct approach:
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection cl = content.Controls;
foreach (System.Web.UI.Control c in cl)
{
if (c.ID == "Result.aspx") {

Any suggestions?

Jeff

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Jeff,

A simpler way to get the name of the current page is

Request.ServerVariables.Item("Script_Name")

Is that what you meant?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

Jeff

Hey

Thanks for that tip, it helped me solve this problem!

Jeff