newbie: asp.net 2.0 - position of ContentPlaceHolder

Jeff

Hey

Yesterday I downloaded and installed Visual Web Developer Express (VWDE) on
my computer.

In VWDE I created a simple website and added a masterpage. I'm wondering how
to position the ContentPlaceHolder of the master page. I've tryed 2 ways of
to solve this problem :

1) add a table to the master page and put the ContentPlaceHolder in one of
it's cells. Then instead of position the ContentPlaceHolder, I instead
position the table

or

2) I added a Panel to the master page and put the ContentPlaceHolder in the
Panel

I'm wondering are any of these position techniques mentioned above any good?
Is there a better way to do it? Any pitfalls that may occur because of these
techniques?

Jeff

Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
blogs.msdn.com/tolong/archive/2008/02/05/resize-the-contentplaceholder-in-the-master-page.aspx

Typically using a div is the common method. The contentplaceholder will cascade to the content you add to it while adhering to the positioning of the containing div.

Also note for positioning, if absolute positioning is needed always put an absolute div w/in a relative div, less headaches this way.