Newbie: asp.net accessing folders on other machines

foldface

Hi
I know nothing about asp.net security so I have a few questions:

(1) Where can I find some good introductory material on this?
(2) I need an asp.net program to access a networked machine using
a path like \\docs\repository\someDoc.pdf, and naturally
I don't want anything else being able to access this path,
so there needs to be some security here in some manner, how
can I accomplish this?
(3) Can users of a web site access the web.config file in any
way? If not does this mean its safe to put usernames and
passwords in this file?

Thanks

Omega

Hi,

1) Here is link for beginner to intermediate level tutorial :
http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/
2) I am not sure about its solution but generally a web appliction
account is not given so much right to access LAN machine because it is
a big security risk. But you may find solution to it.
3) No web site user can access web.config in any way. Its secure to
store Usernname and password in web.config.

Khurram