Open a child page and return value to the parent page in ASP.NET

rsht

My special requirement is to do more in the child page, such as
redirect to another page to get value to update the original parent
page.

By using showModalDialog to open the child page (should call it a
dialogue box), the child page opens ANOTHER page when
response.redirect is executed - this is not what I want. So, I wish to
open a normal window for the child so that I can do more.

Anyone can give me some helps? Thanks

rsht

By using showModalDialog to open the child page (should call it a
dialogue box), the child page opens ANOTHER page when
response.redirect is executed
Sorry, "ANOTHER" page means ANOTHER WINDOW here.

Guest

Sorry, "ANOTHER" page means ANOTHER WINDOW here.

Call js from the child page

window.opener.document.getElementById("HiddenField1").value = "xxx";

where HiddenField1 is a Client ID of Hidden Field.

rsht

Call js from the child page

window.opener.document.getElementById("HiddenField1").value = "xxx";

where HiddenField1 is a Client ID of Hidden Field.

Many thanks Alexey!

I also worked out the same solution:
1. in the parent window/page, use window.open to bring out the child
page;
2. use the same method as yours to set the value in the parent page,
then window.close().

Guest

Many thanks Alexey!

I also worked out the same solution:
1. in the parent window/page, use window.open to bring out the child
page;
2. use the same method as yours to set the value in the parent page,
then window.close().

great!

Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
HI YOU CAN READ THE BELOW POST:
shawpnendu.blogspot.com/2009/02/automaticaly-refresh-parent-window.html

HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU.