OpenCores.org's I2C: Clock Stretching Support

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by markus_1401, Oct 18, 2006.

  1. markus_1401

    markus_1401 Guest

    Hi,

    I'm currently working with the I2C core supplied by OpenCores.org. I
    have successfully got the design to work in an FPGA.

    However, all of the slave device I used may not have the clock
    stretching feature implemented. As a result, I am not sure if this I2C
    core uses the included clock stretching feature correctly. I tried
    looking at the code, but could not find any code that implies clock
    stretching logic. The documentation for this core also lacks
    information regarding the clock stretching. Has anyone used this core
    with a slave that performed clock stretching?

    If you're familiar with this core, my control logic for this core
    simply sends the instructions that's required for read/write and waits
    for interrupts, ack/nack, and TIP logic to assert/deassert. Do I need
    to add logic to detect clock stretching?

    Thanks,
    -M

    markus_1401, Oct 18, 2006

  2. markus_1401

    ghelbig Guest

    Clock stretching is done by the I2C slave.

    Richard's code does handle it. Look for the signal 'slave_wait'.

    GH

    ghelbig, Oct 18, 2006

  3. markus_1401

    markus_1401 Guest