Opening a New Internet Explorer Pop Windows to a remote IP

Usman

Hi All,

Is there a way that if I know the IP address of a computer, I can open
a popup window on that IP remotely from another computer? It is
somewhat similar to netsend but the type of window I want to open is
Ineternet Explorer one.

Best Regards,

Usman

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Is there a way that if I know the IP address of a computer, I can open
a popup window on that IP remotely from another computer?

Hopefully not. That would be a serious security issue.
It is somewhat similar to netsend but the type of window I want to
open is Ineternet Explorer one.

Notice that you don't just want to open a window, you want to run an
application (IE) with an input of your choice. I can think of thousands
of ways to compromise the computer if that is possible.

Whatever you are trying, you need the cooperation of the receiving
computer, and you certainly can't do it in pure Javascript.

It could work if the target computer runs a server that listens for
connections (HTTP connections if you want to do it from Javascript)
and acts on them by, e.g., opening local applications.

/L

Usman Ghani

Hi There, Thanks for your reply, infect I am working with an ISP, I want
to bring dialup conected users a pop uu telling them that there account
will expire in a minute or so, that is the reason I am looking for
something like this.

Best Regards,

Usman Ghani

chotchki

Usman said:
Hi There, Thanks for your reply, infect I am working with an ISP, I want
to bring dialup conected users a pop uu telling them that there account
will expire in a minute or so, that is the reason I am looking for
something like this.

Best Regards,

Usman Ghani
You can (possibly do the following)
Insert Web Proxy into their connection path:
Them >>> Dialin Server >>> Proxy >>> Internet
So when they try to get a site they immediately go to whatever your
proxy is setup to do.

Or

If you use a custom dialer program, you can have it pop-up or re-direct
whenever.

Or

Just build the functionality into the dialer software.