  1. hyeazu

    hyeazu Guest

    I JUST STARTED USING QUARTUS SOFTWARE.I NEED HELP PLEASE

    hyeazu, Sep 22, 2006

  2. hyeazu

    rickman Guest

    Assuming that you know how to write a clocked process, a JK FF should
    be a simple matter of coding the truth table for a JK FF. Lets see if
    I can remember how that goes.

    J K | Q+1
    ---------
    0 0 | Q
    0 1 | 0
    1 0 | 1
    1 1 | ~Q

    So the VHDL inside the process could look like...

    case JK is
    when "00" => Q <= Q;
    when "01" => Q <= '0';
    when "10" => Q <= '1';
    when "11" => Q <= not Q;
    others => Q <= 'X';
    end case;

    You should be able to put the process and signal definitions around
    this.

    rickman, Sep 24, 2006

  3. hyeazu

    rickman Guest

    I figured this was some kid asking for help with his homework. I
    didn't realize that he is actually asking for someone to do the entire
    assignment for him. I thought I could help by getting him started on
    the core in case he was stuck on a way to do this. But then I get an
    email asking for the entire assignment!

    --------------------
    From: "coldplay112" <>
    To: "rickman" <>
    Subject: THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP

    PLEASE SIR GIVE THE WHOLE CODE SIR,FROM THE ENTITY JK FLIPFLOP TO END
    BEHAVIOR.I AM A NOVICE IN THIS COURSE.
    ------------------

    Maybe I am in the wrong business. I could charge $25 each for doing 10
    minute homework assignments and rake in some real dough, especially if
    I do it for everyone in the same class!!!

    I guess it is a bit like spamming. You only need one guy in a thousand
    who replies to make it worth your while...

    rickman, Sep 24, 2006
  4. hyeazu

    coldplay112 Guest

    IT WORK WITH MY QUARTUS ALTERA VDHL PROGRAM.THANKS FOR PUTTING PRESSURE
    ON ME.I WILL STRIVE TO GET AN A IN THIS COURSE GRADUALLY,I HAVE A TEST
    BYE.

    coldplay112, Sep 25, 2006
  5. Hahaha,

    The way you guys respond to thse people is hilarious.

    -Isaac

    Isaac Bosompem, Sep 25, 2006
  6. hyeazu

    fabbl Guest

    Try reading a book.

    fabbl, Sep 25, 2006
  7. hyeazu

    burn.sir Guest

    Is it only me or are the kids really getting dumber by the day?
    Not to mention cocky. nowadays, they are DEMANDING and REQUIERING
    answers.

    -burns

    burn.sir, Sep 26, 2006
  9. hyeazu