Problem with calling remoting objects with ASP.NET 1.1 SP1.

Ken Varn

I have a problem that seemed to start occurring after installing SP1 on .NET
Framework 1.1.

My ASP.NET application makes TCP Remoting calls to a .NET application
running on the same machine as the web page. The remoting calls work fine
initially. However, I notice that whenever I copy an update of my ASP.NET
web page assembly DLL to the host computer and then try and make the
remoting calls, they throw an exception. The only way to correct the
problem is to restart IIS, then the remoting calls work again.

I am not sure why this happens. Can anyone offer an explanation? I was
under the impression that it was OK to copy a new assembly DLL to an ASP.NET
web page without having to restart IIS. Is this true or not?

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com