    **************************************
    To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
    **************************************

    Erik van Duijn, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Erik van Duijn

    Denise Guest

    Is the background of the table set to black? That would do it.

    What graphics program are you using - are you sure that you're creating your
    transparent .gifs correctly?

    Denise

    Denise, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Hi Denise

    in answer to your suggestion that I might be creating my transparant GIF's
    incorrectly:

    when I put the same transparant GIF in a table cell as a normal image (thus
    not as a background image) and at the same time set the background of the
    cell to some color (say "red"), the red color does shine through the
    transparant parts of the GIF-image, IMHO proving that I did make the
    transparant GIF correctly.

    But when I use this same transparant GIF as a background image of the cell,
    I don't see the page background color (as one would expect)

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks in advance
    Erik
    Holland

    Erik van Duijn, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Individual cell backgrounds aren't always supported by all browsers and in
    this case it seems your browser will show a gif, just not a transparent one
    for some reason. Do you have a link to the website?

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 27, 2004