Program to change the Sound Recording Source

Dovelet

Hi all,

I would like to write DOS program to change the MS Windows Sound
Recording source. When I run it with the parameter, it will change the
recording source as follow:

C:\> abc.exe microphone <- the Sound recording source change to
Microphone
C:\> abc.exe line <- the sound recording source change to Line-IN

Does anyone know how to do so? Thanks.

Regards,
Dovelet

Puppet_Sock

Dovelet said:
I would like to write DOS program to change the MS Windows Sound [details snipped]
Does anyone know how to do so? Thanks.

Yes. Somebody in a DOS or MSWindows related news group knows how
to do that. Check in newsgroups with DOS or MS or Windows in their
names. Here we don't know of such things, only standard C++ issues.
Socks

Rolf Magnus

Dovelet said:
Hi all,

I would like to write DOS program to change the MS Windows Sound
Recording source.

I don't think a DOS program can do that. After all, what should it do if run
under DOS? Why can't it be a Windows program?

Dovelet

Hi all,

Sorry, I want to clarify my question. Acutally, I want to write a
program that can be run under MS Windows in command line. It can use
C++ or other language. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Murphy

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Dovelet said:
Hi all,

Sorry, I want to clarify my question. Acutally, I want to write a
program that can be run under MS Windows in command line. It can use
C++ or other language. Any suggestions?

Yes. Ask in a newsgroup about windows programming.
Your main problem has nothing to do with C++ or C, but
it has al to do with how sound recording works in a Windows environment.

Mabden

Rolf Magnus said:
I don't think a DOS program can do that. After all, what should it do if run
under DOS? Why can't it be a Windows program?

Because that would change the parameters of the problem...?

;-)