Property not showing in the Properties window

Anthony Faull

I have a vb.net usercontrol with a public property. How can I can get my new
property to appear in the Properties window in web forms design view? The
only properties I can see are ID, EnableViewState and Visible.

Alvin Bruney

You are not supposed to do anything special to have these properties show
up. If you have inherited your class from WebControl, INamingContainer and
your methods are public they will show up. Now there is a bug where you will
need to close visual studio and re-open it to see changes to properties, but
that is all I can think of at the top of my head.

regards