    and reviews I've seen. I would greatly appreciate some help.

    Regards,
    Dave

    David Keeler, Feb 23, 2011

  2. David Keeler

    John Bokma Guest

    A book that I can't recommend enough is:

    Programming in Python 3. Make sure that you buy the 2nd edition.

    http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Python-Complete-Introduction-Language/dp/0321680561/

    I also own "Dive into Python 3". Haven't read it yet, but I liked "Dive
    into Python" a lot, and I am sure that DiP3 is even better. I notice
    that Amazon has a "CreateSpace" edition (you can download DiP3 from the
    author's website). I own the APress edition.

    As for the reviews: Someone gave the 2nd edition of PiP3 3 stars because
    (s)he is upset that the 2nd edition came out shortly after the 1st
    edition. In general: some reviewers give bad reviews because of Amazon
    shipping late, shipping a damaged book, or just because they didn't do
    enough research and got the wrong book.

    I also like the "Python Essential Reference" a lot.

    John Bokma, Feb 23, 2011