q: asp.net: changing logon time to get LOGON32_LOGON_NETWORK_CLEARTEXT ?

Juri Zenkevitch

Hi All !

I get into the problem... My web application, which uses authentication
mode="Windows", so the app will impersonate under the user, which access
it's pages. In the application, I do use
"Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey", which fails, because the
app identity was (probably) logged on w/out the NETWORK_CLEARTEXT flag
(LogonUser).

So, the question is: can I change that flag somehow for current application
identity ? I can not do the LogonUser, because my server-side code do not
have the password for user, only it's identity (token) in Principal
object...

Any ideas ?

Thank you,

Yury.

Brian C

Yury,
mode="Windows" will not insure that the the app will
impersonate under the user. However, this will:

<identity impersonate="true" />

It is likely that the users are using the local ASPNET
user.

Brian